A Wunderbar Together Road Trip is heading to St. Louis in May 2019! Germany will highlight its close friendship with the United States through a yearlong festival, Wunderbar Together between the October 2018 and October 2019. Working with over 200 partners, the celebration will feature over 1,000 events across all 50 states. Wunderbar Together is a comprehensive and collaborative initiative funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, implemented by the Goethe- Institut and supported by the Federation of German Industries (BDI). The Wunderbar Together will be making a Road Trip stop in St. Louis, MO on May 14, 2019.
“Wunderbar Together” means the U.S. and Germany are better as friends. Our partnership has made both countries stronger over time and will continue to shape our futures. This initiative is an opportunity to renew and preserve our friendship and to develop a new shared perspective on important issues. Together, our countries can tackle global challenges through dialogue and cooperation.
People are at the heart of the U.S.-German relationship, and at the heart of this celebration. Wunderbar Together will bring together more than 200 partners across all 50 states, who will host more than 1,000 events in local communities.We hope Americans across the country will join our celebration and help us tell the stories at the core of German-American friendship. To learn more and discover events near you, visit www.wunderbartogether.org.
About the U.S.-German Relationship
- – Roughly 50 million Americans claim German heritage, making it the largest ancestry group in the U.S
- – German companies have created 674,000 American jobs. Germany is the fourth-largest foreign employer in the U.S and the countries generated $171.6 billion in shared commerce in 2017.
- – This year marks the 70th anniversary of the Berlin Air Lift, when American “candy bombers” helped the people of Berlin survive the end of the Second World War.
- – The U.S. is the most popular overseas tourist destination for more than 2 million German travelers each year, and Americans are the most frequent overseas visitors to Germany.
- St. Louis is the third most German city of its size in America!